37. The Convenience Store HamburgerJune 7, 2008
“HYOGO — Police on Tuesday said that a 19-year-old man was taken to hospital on Sunday night after he swallowed a 1-cm fish hook inside a hamburger that his mother bought for him at a FamilyMart convenience store in Himeji City, Hyogo Prefecture.
According to police, the man’s mother bought the “tartar burger” around 4 p.m. and heated it up for her son that night. He complained of a severe stomach ache around 8 p.m. and was taken to hospital. An X-ray revealed the hook inside his stomach.
Police said a second hook was found inside the burger’s wrapping paper and believe they may have been deliberately placed in the burger.”
Thanks to Japan Today for this important newsflash. There are no words left unsaid.